Saturday, September 03, 2005

A frightening thought

The only thing I can think of that's worse than what's happened in New Orleans this past week is the realization that the same lack of planning and inept government leadership -- more like an utter lack of leadership -- awaits anyone caught in the next disaster, natural or man-made, that happens in this country.

How on earth anyone can still have the slightest confidence that this administration will do anything other than help their friends make as much money as possible while letting the rest of the country, and if necessary, the world, go down the drain, is beyond my comprehension.

And yet there are still those who harbor such thoughts. I don't know whether to pity them or fear their colossal pride and ignorance, a frightening combination in itself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Weedgardener said...

Hey, are you into dates too? Kewl!

What do you say you and me travel somewhere and get some dates?

Sunday, September 4, 2005 at 8:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger steve said...

dates are ok, but I think figs are better.

This traveling stuff is getting expensive, though.

Hey, did you see I got a real live comment? I don't know how he found me, but some guy named Joe from Georgia stopped by.

I enabled some sort of "Post your blog to blog-central" sort of box on my template. Maybe the blog showed up there briefly after I posted something.

I don't know. We'll see.

Tuesday, September 6, 2005 at 2:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counters
Staples Coupons