Friday, September 26, 2008

Elaine Supkis's Tour of the Washington D.C."Bailout" Hearings

We all hear about the goings-on in D.C. But what really goes on there?

For instance, we hear about Paulson and Bernanke meeting with Congress, pleading for their $700 villion+ bailout. What was that really like?

Wouldn't it be nice to hear about it from someone who actually understands more about it than most of the participants? Someone who could explain the arcane financial travails, tracing their roots back into history?

Having endured the "debate" tonight and exhausted my critical facilities, I stumbled upon such a resource, right here in the tubes of the internets. This lady, whose web writing appeared on my screen for the first time just a few weeks ago, undertook the trip to D.C. and wrote it all down, and posted it, complete with photos and illustrations, for our viewing pleasure.

What are her credentials? Who knows? I honestly know only a few snippets of her varied and extraordinary background from what I've read at her website. But her D.C. story (which must have been written and posted in great haste) has a clarity and insight (and humor) that I've rarely encountered. She explains things in the metaphor of mythology, which I find delightful, but might turn you off. I find it helpful in grasping the complexities of the situation.

Here is her trip in four lengthy installments:

the Pre-Bernanke Hearings in DC

The Sphinx And The Hijinks

Bush gives he Democrats the Monkey's Paw

OTC Derivatives Monster Mess Gets Worse

I can only hope you find them as useful as I did.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counters
Staples Coupons