Monday, February 06, 2006

Cleveland, City of Light

City of Magic
Cleveland, City of Light, you're callin' me.
Cleveland, when I tried to put up posters
Cops threw me to the ground and hauled me away...

(apologies to Randy Newman)

This so reminds me of those stories of Life in Communist Russia that I grew up with, stories from the John Birch Society, stories from Voice of Americanism with Dr. Stuart McBirnie on KFAX that my mom listened to every day.

Only this is a real story of something that happened last week in Cleveland. You know, Cleveland, in Ohio, in the United States. The United States has a Bill of Rights last time I checked. Maybe I should check again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Weedgardener said...

Do you realize you haven't posted anything since Reagan's birthday?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 6:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger steve said...

Odd, but screwing up my computer and being offline for days and never quite getting things back to a semblance of normalcy seems to have cramped my posting frequency...

Thursday, February 16, 2006 at 9:11:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counters
Staples Coupons