Saturday, March 17, 2007

Peeps from above

Bonnie and I were in her kitchen just now and heard this intermittent "PEEP!" Very loud and abrupt. I looked around the window curtain and saw a tiny hummingbird sitting in the top of the still-leafless apple tree, less than ten feet from me, and about at our level.

When next I heard a "PEEP" the hummingbird made no move whatsoever, but I saw a blur above the tree, so that's where I focused my attention.

Seconds later, at its next appearance, the blur resolved into another hummingbird, diving at top speed towards the tree, instantly going "PEEP" and then retreating, as if bouncing from an invisible trampoline a few feet above the tree. "Bonnie, you've got to see this! Look outside the kitchen window!"

So of course she looked, and of course the second hummingbird never appeared again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counters
Staples Coupons